Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Thanks giving 2008 break week

As soon as, my class on the Thursday before thanks giving week was done it was holidays for me. I had planned something to do everyday during the break.

The technician returns:

On Friday, I came to work and had fun with friends at work while trying to get the Life After Class magazine done. On Saturday, I went to my friends house to fix his laptop and PC and after that he gave me a treat at a classy Italian restaurant (Olive garden) because I helped him on many occasions with his technical problem. He has the power of making anybody agree to whatever he says even if it is wrong. And he uses this power to get stuff for way cheaper than what it originally costs. So I asked him to get me a Nintendo DS Lite for $50 from somewhere. He said no problem at all because he has a lot of “connections”.

The PS2:

Then he gave me his non-working PS2 and asked me if I could fix it. I took it home and tried to fix it. It took me not more than 30 minutes to fix the problem. After I informed him that I fixed it he let me keep it for as long as I want it. So I have been playing his NASCAR 08 and MX vs ATV unleashed games since then.

BURNOUT strikes back!

I thought of buying a few old favorite used games on eBay. So I went online and checked for Burnout 3 and found it to be available for $9.99 then I saw that there was an auction on all the three versions of burnout for $4.25 + $2.99 shipping so I bid on that and got the 3 games finally for $12.73. Now what my plan is that I will play the 3 games and then sell the Burnout 1 and 2 on eBay and get money back and keep the Burnout 3 with me.
Then on Monday, I went to Chicago with 2 of my friends to meet my former roommate. We had a great time hanging out and walking in the downtown for 9 miles among the building. We then returned to Edwardsville on Wednesday night.
Wednesday night, went out with friends and hanged out till 6 am in the morning and then came back home and slept till 2 pm on thursday.

What is the main things for us during thanks giving?

The main thing for us is the thanks giving sale on the day after the thanks giving festival i.e. the Black Friday sale. On Black Friday sale the stores put up great/cheap deals with limited quantity for 1 day and whoever is interested

Thursday night, I had a plan with my American friend to stand in the line for the Black Friday sales at Walmart because they had more number of deals which we wanted than any other store. My aim was to buy 5 Nintendo Wiis and some other cheap small electronic gadgets for various purposes. 

No comments: